We’re very proud to announce that we’ll be helping bring the movie LOVE IS A GUN to the big screen! This project is a modern, edgy take on the tragic love story of Bonnie and Clyde. Based on bestselling author Jeff Guinn’s “Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde” and written by Oscar nominee Sheldon Turner (with revisions by Johnny Newman), LOVE IS A GUN already has Chloë Grace Moretz (The Equalizer, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising) and Jack O’Connell (Money Monster, Unbroken) attached to star! We’re really excited about adding this project to our ever-growing slate of film projects! Stay tuned for more news on LOVE IS A GUN in the coming months. Full press release below!
CHLOË GRACE MORETZ AND JACK O’CONNELL TO STAR AS BONNIE AND CLYDE IN ‘LOVE IS A GUN’
ENDEAVOR CONTENT TO LAUNCH SALES AT AFM
- Chloë Grace Moretz (Equalizer, If I Stay, The Miseducation of Cameron Post) and Jack O’Connell (Money Monster, Unbroken) are attached to star in Kiké Maillo’s LOVE IS A GUN.
- Endeavor Content is handling international sales and will present the project to buyers at AFM. CAA is co-repping the film domestically with the producers.
- Marissa McMahon and Ashley Schlaifer of Kamala Films (A Private War) are producing alongside Sean and Bryan Furst (Daybreakers, The Matador) of Skybound Entertainment.
- Based on bestselling author Jeff Guinn’s (“Manson: The Life and Times of Charles Manson”, “The Last Gunfight”) “Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde” and written by Oscar® nominee Sheldon Turner (Up In The Air) and revisions by Johnny Newman (Narcos), LOVE IS A GUN is the thrilling, gritty and emotional story of two of history’s most famous lovers, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow.
- “We are excited to reintroduce the iconic story of Bonnie and Clyde. Their story remains ubiquitous in popular culture across the globe, yet few in this generation know the details of their intimate love affair and the circumstances that led to their notorious crime spree that captured the imagination of the world in their time. Kike, Chloë and Jack are completely in sync about the character-driven approach we will be taking, and we feel lucky to have a creative team of this high caliber leading us forward,” said the producing team in a joint statement.
- “Kiké Maillo brings a modern and edgy take on the universal story of star-crossed lovers, which is renowned around the world and Chloë and Jack’s casting bring an authenticity to this tragic love story,” said Alex Walton, EVP, International Film Sales and Distribution at Endeavor Content.
- Production is scheduled to start in early 2019.
- Moretz recently starred in The Miseducation of Cameron Post and can be currently seen in Luca Guadagnino’s Suspiria starring Dakota Johnson. She’ll next be seen with Isabelle Huppert in the thriller Greta. Her other credits include The Equalizer opposite Denzel Washington, R.J. Cutler’s If I Stay, Kick-Ass starring Nicolas Cage and Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, Matt Reeve’s Let Me In, and Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, starring Rose Byrne and Seth Rogen.
- O’Connell starred in Angelina Jolie’s Unbroken, Yann Demange’s ’71, Starred Up opposite Ben Mendelsohn, and Jodie Foster’s Money Monster starring Julia Roberts and George Clooney.
- Maillo’s feature length directing debut, Eva starring Daniel Brühl, premiered at the 2011 Venice Film Festival and was nominated for twelve Goya Awards, winning three including Best New Director. His most recent film, the action thriller Toro, was a box office hit in Spain.
- Moretz is repped by WME and T Squared Entertainment and O’Connell is repped by CAA and Conway van Gelder Grant.
About Skybound Entertainment
Founded in 2010, Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform entertainment company managed by partners Robert Kirkman, David Alpert and Jon Goldman. Skybound houses projects ranging from television, film, emerging platforms, comics, interactive gaming, live events, and more. In 2016, the company expanded to Vancouver with the opening of their Skybound North office, working to expand Skybound’s footprint into the animation and children’s space with top Canadian talent. In 2018, Skybound opened GammaRay, a video-content brand focused on pop culture, and expanded Skybound Games into a venture focused on publishing independently developed games.
Skybound Entertainment is responsible for television hits including The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Outcast, Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics, and currently holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios. On the film side, Skybound has a first-look deal with Universal. Robert Kirkman’s second-longest running comic series Invincible will be developed for film at Universal and as an animated series for Amazon.
The interactive gaming slate includes partnerships with Starbreeze, Skydance, Scopely, and more. Skybound is currently publishing comic book titles The Walking Dead, Oblivion Song, Die!Die!Die!, Outcast, Redneck, Gasolina, Crude, and more.
About Endeavor Content
Endeavor Content specializes in financing, sales and advisory services for television series, documentaries, and feature films. Its primary goal is to empower artists and content creators by providing them with more ownership and creative freedom as they navigate the media landscape. Endeavor Content is a division of Endeavor, a global leader in sports, entertainment and fashion operating in more than 30 countries.