OBVIOUS SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4
Dalton Ross from Entertainment Weekly takes us on a Tour de Season 4 and recaps (with some humor) the events of the preceding season:
Looking back on it, what was the best moment from Season 4? And the most shocking? Are you excited for Season 5!? Let us know in the comments!
Best moment: 3-way tie….1)Rick’s speech to The Gov., 2)Rick going for Joe’s throat, & 3)Carol putting her life in Tyreese’s hands, only to have him forgive her.
Most shocking: The end of Mika & Lizzie.
Excited for Season 5?: Whaaaat?!!!!
Agree on all parts! I really liked the soundtrack last season too.
Me too Cassi! I jam that regularly.
I saw the Lizzie scene coming because of the comics. I was like, “When will Lizzie kill Mika?” But when it did finally happen, I was shocked as if I didn’t see it coming. They played it perfectly (can killing a child be construed as perfect :/ ). The same goes for Rick killing Joe. I didn’t think AMC had it in them to do the neck bite.
Definitely Rick’s Walkeresque kill is the best moment of season 4. Or when Abraham showed up.
The brutal killing of Herschel was the most shocking for me. I knew that once he got into that kneeled position he was a deadman but just to see the look on everyone’s faces when the governor started hacking into him. Especially my mother’s, Herschel was her favourite character.
Best moment of Season 4… God, so hard. How about Best Moment(s):
– Hershel being a hero and saving everyone physically and spiritually. Spaghetti Tuesdays y’all.
– Anytime Rick yells “Caarrrrrl.”
– The Governor being a good person for that one minute, even though you knew it couldn’t last.
– Rick’s speech to the Governor and Hershel’s reaction to it. He knew he had helped Rick get there and he died with that peace.
– Throat ripping. Nobody fucking touches Caaaarrrll and lives to tell about it.
– When you first see what was done to Karen and David. Whaaaaaat the whaaat, who would do such a… oh yeah, no definitely only Carol.
– The death of Mika and Old Yeller-ing Lizzie. Why did this shock me? I knew that girl was bat shit crazy from day one! Also, as soon as they really started showing Mika and how sweet and smart she was I should have known that girl was dead. But alas, they got me there!
– The first moment when I saw Abraham, Rosita and Eugene and how awesomely spectacular they looked. Spot on TWD!
– Carol’s confession. I really didn’t think she would come clean.
– Carl being able to down that much pudding. The kid just isn’t that big!
Am I excited for Season 5?!?!? *Queue hysterical frightening laughter.* Oh yes, I am ready.
Basically my MVP of Season 4 was Hershel Greene.
ooo yes .. Hershel saving everyone – Good scene.
Just re watched Internnent with commentary the other night and it was so good to hear Scott Wilson get the praise he deserves for that episode!
Did anybody watch that scene of Rick going for Joe’s throat and think then, or maybe later, “Dayum, too bad Shane wasn’t around to see that.”
Yup. Still miss Shane though. They could have done so much more with his character. He was my fave 🙁
Best moment of Season 4 for me
1) The moment Rick headbutts Joe behind him and you just know, he’s about to go bat shit crazy … leading up to Rick biting Joes throat (that whole bit was just too awesome for words. YaY love bad ass Rick Grimes)
2) Carol shooting Lizzie (sorry but that kid had been doing my head in for awhile)
3) Carol being forgiven by Tyreese, that whole scene was just awesome)
4) When Rick and Carl gun down about a gazillion walkers that took down the fences (father and son kicking ass together – great scene)
5) Daryl and Beth burning down the house in a symbolic ‘fuck you’ to the past
Most shocking – 1) Lizzie killing her own sister (Wtf??)
2) Hershel 🙁