ATTENTION pencilers, inkers and/or colorists: looking to dive into the crazy wonderful world of comics? Are you fast and reliable? Do you love telling the best stories with the best writers? Do you want to work with the very cool guys and gals at Skybound? Are you attending New York Comic Con this October? If you answered “YES” to most of these questions, then you should submit your portfolio to us at NYCC!
We’ll be accepting open art submissions from aspiring comic artists, with an editor on-hand to review and critique select portfolios. This is your chance to get some one-on-one time with one of the fastest growing companies in comics! Do you think you have what it takes? Then you absolutely do not want to miss this opportunity!
Looking to submit? Here’s the info:
01. Bring your portfolio to the Skybound NYCC Booth #1444 (we’re there with IMAGE COMICS) at any time from Thursday, October 4th through noon on Saturday, October 6th and drop it off with a booth volunteer.
02. When you drop off your portfolio, please make sure it contains your full name, cell phone number and e-mail address (this is really important).
03. If we think you might have the right stuff, we will reach out to set up a review time on Friday, Saturday or Saturday.
04. Please make sure to only include photocopies of art in any submitted portfolios. Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for any lost or misplaced artwork.
05. While we welcome all artists to submit, portfolio reviews will be primarily focused on interior sequential pages (pencils, inks and colors).
06. And as much as we’d love to review every single portfolio, we unfortunately must restrict the number of portfolios we review each day to a limited amount.
See you in New York!