The end of the year is almost upon us and, while, 2018 may be winding down, 2019 is already heating up! Today, we’re pleased to share with you a first look at the novels we’ve got slated for 2019 and beyond from Skybound Books. We’re diving deep into not just the world of THE WALKING DEAD, but fantasy, sci-fi and horror while exploring exciting new characters and worlds. We can’t wait to share these new stories with you next year. Previously announced were ACROSS THE VOID by S.K. Vaughn and THE OBSOLETES by Simeon Mills. We’ll have A LOT more on these two titles early in the new year!
For now, check out the press release below and keep it tuned to Skybound for more news!
SKYBOUND BOOKS ANNOUNCES NEW SLATE INCLUDING A NEW THE WALKING DEAD NOVEL
November 30, 2018 (Los Angeles, CA) – Skybound Books, the co-publishing imprint formed by Skybound Entertainment and Atria Books/Simon & Schuster, Inc., today announced seven new novels to be published through 2020; The Walking Dead: Typhoon, Every Sky a Grave, Instinct, The Down Days, and The First Sister Trilogy. Skybound Books holds ancillary rights to both Instinct and The Down Days and have the option to expand the properties across entertainment platforms such as film, television, games, and merchandise.
Details on the new books are below:
· The Walking Dead: Typhoon by Wesley Chu: The Walking Dead’s first foray into China follows a group of survivors banding together against a wave of walkers in the most populous country in the world. Fans can expect author Wesley Chu (The Lives of Tao, Time Salvager) to bring a fresh perspective on societal decay and decomposing flesh to the world of Robert Kirkman’s bestselling comics series.
· Every Sky a Grave by Jay Posey: A high-flying, sci-fi adventure about a planetary assassin armed with the mystical Language of the Universe. Elyth can pass unseen, influence people’s minds, and even destroy an entire planet using the Language. But when a new threat emerges, wielding the Language in impossible ways, Elyth faces her most incredible mission yet.
· Instinct by Jason M. Hough: In a small town full of dark secrets and wild conspiracy theories, the lone sheriff struggles to trust her own instincts as she investigates why the people around her are dying in increasingly bizarre ways.
· The Down Days by Ilze Hugo: The South African author’s magical-realist debut follows a woman who must recover a kidnapped child in a city gripped by a deadly laughter epidemic.
· The First Sister Trilogy by Linden Lewis: This debut series is a sprawling sci-fi epic about a soldier questioning his allegiances, a comfort woman claiming her agency, and a nonbinary badass out to save the solar system. These three individuals from extremely different backgrounds will have to come together to protect humanity from itself.
Previously released titles from Skybound Books include The Quotable Negan by Robert Kirkman and The Electric State by Simon Stålenhag. The next slate expands the imprint’s genre work across science fiction, fantasy, and horror.
“Our goal at Skybound Books has been to give novelists the same creative platform and freedom to tell engaging genre stories that we already have in place across comics, film, television, and games,” said SVP, Editor-in-Chief at Skybound, Sean Mackiewicz. “Plus, after 15 years, we’re about to answer one of the biggest questions The Walking Dead fans have had since the beginning: what’s happening to the rest of the world? That we can expand The Walking Dead universe with talented authors like Wesley Chu will allow walkers to truly become an even greater global phenomenon than ever before!”
About Skybound Entertainment:
Founded in 2010, Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform entertainment company managed by partners Robert Kirkman, David Alpert, and Jon Goldman. Skybound houses projects ranging from television, film, emerging platforms, comics, interactive gaming, live events, and more. In 2016, the company expanded to Vancouver with the opening of their Skybound North office, working to expand Skybound’s footprint into the animation and children’s space with top Canadian talent. In 2018, Skybound opened GammaRay, a video-content brand focused on pop culture, and expanded Skybound Games into a venture focused on publishing independently developed games.
Skybound Entertainment is responsible for television hits including The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Outcast, Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics, and currently holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios. On the film side, Skybound has a first-look deal with Universal. Robert Kirkman’s second-longest running comic series Invincible will be developed for film at Universal and as an animated series for Amazon. The interactive gaming slate includes partnerships with Starbreeze, Skydance, Scopely, and more. Skybound is currently publishing comic book titles The Walking Dead, Oblivion Song, Die!Die!Die!, Outcast, Redneck, Gasolina, Crude, and more.
About Atria Books
Atria Books is an imprint of Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation. Simon & Schuster is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Online, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. For more information about Atria, visit our website at http://imprints.simonandschuster.biz/atria.