We're back with another Studio Time, as we pull a B&E on WITCH DOCTOR artist Lukas Ketner's studio. Follow the jump for Lukas's annotations on all the neat stuff hidden in this picture.
1. The Wacom Cintiq - Most people I meet are surprised that I do just about everything digitally. From thumbs to pencils to inks, everything is done on this puppy, and I’d be a little lost without it.
2. iPhone Dock made from animal vertebrae - Made by my brother Dane. He ate the rest of whatever Alaskan animal this was. I like to think he slept in it first, much like a Tauntaun.
3. Fingerless Cotton Gloves - Keeps my greasy mitts from sticking to the screen while I draw.
4. Reference Maquettes - Always a good tool to have for referencing lighting and difficult poses. If you look closely, you can see the Dr. Morrow head I sculpted.
5. Golden Dawn Occult Handbook - Found in the attic of a Southern plantation house. I’m not making that up, and I’m very likely cursed. Or something.
6. Mr. Spock Prayer Candle - Always makes me smile in a logical manner.
7. TARDIS Lunchbox - All of my old art supplies fit in here. It is, after all, bigger on the inside.
8. Paper Mache Halloween Mask - Not actually a part of the studio, but still pretty cool
9. Comfy Chair - Butt goes here, and stays until I finish that page. Otherwise, no pie.
10. Medical reference - You can never have too much reference, even if it is 19th century illustrations of disgusting surgeries and maladies.
WITCH DOCTOR: MAL PRACTICE #1 by Brandon Seifert and Lukas Ketner hits stores tomorrow, November 28!